We would like to thank you for trusting NOW Real Estate Group with your real estate needs!
Last-Minute Moving Checklist:
Before you Move:
- Notify Post Office- Fill out change of address cards with a forwarding address
- Notify change accounts and credit cards
- Mail change of address to subscriptions
- Notify banks
- Notify Insurance company
- Inform service companies (Water, gas, electricity, fuel, telephone, cable) of the date you will be leaving and a reconnection date in your new home if applicable, arrange for any refunds or outstanding balances to be taken care of.
- Inform deliveries- newspapers, milk, diaper services
- Health information - ask doctors and dentists for referrals. Arrange to transfer medical records, prescriptions, birth records.
- Transfer memberships to church, civic organizations. Ask for letters of introduction.
- Notify Department of Motor Vehicles of new address for Drivers License or ID.
- Obtain your pet's medical records from your veterinary. Find out about transferring licenses and records.
- Empty, Defrost freezer and plan to use up any perishable food items.
When You Move:
- Set aside Jewellery, records, important documents and any other items of value that you will carry with you.
- Arrange to have enough cash or credit to cover expenses until you're in your new home.
- Map out your travel route, including scheduled overnight stops and give a copy to a friend or relative.
- Double-check rooms, closets, drawers, shelves, outdoor areas and garage to make sure you've taken everything.
- Leave house and mail keys with your REALTOR®.
- Arrange for transportation of pets if you're not taking them with you in your car.
- Pack clothing you'll need until you get settled, toys for the kids, books and anything else you want to take with you or don't want to go with the movers.
In Your New Home:
- Turn on pilot light on stove, hot water tank and furnace.
- Check to see that services have been connected; telephone, gas, electricity, water, ect.
- Check to see if all appliances are working.
- Contact post office to see if they are holding any mail for you.
- Register your car within 5 days after arrival in new province and update your license.
- Register with a new house of worship.
- Contact city offices to find out about garbage pick-up, local regulations and information.
The following is a quick reference guide of important contacts and phone numbers you may need:
Utilities & Services
|Newspaper||The City Of Edmonton||Epcor (Electricity & Water) 1-800-667-2345|
|Magazines||Atco (Gas)||ATCO (Gas) 780-424-5222|
|Fraternal||Cable Television||Telus (Telephone) 780-310-2255|
|Mail Orders||Appliance Services||Public School Board 780-464-8111|
|Books & Records||Fuel||Separate School Board 780-467-8896|
Government & Public
|Post Office||Banks||City of Edmonton 780-412-4000|
|Schools||Finances Companies||ATCO Gas 780-424-5222|
|Income Tax||Credit Cards||Telus 780-310-2255|
|Family Allowance||Department Stores||Shaw Cable 780-490-3555|
|Old Age Security||Real Estate Agency||Edmonton Transit 780-496-1600|
|Canada Pension Plan||Service Stations||Public School Board 780-429-8000|
|Unemployment Insurance||Drivers License||Separate School Board 780-441-6000|
|Health Insurance||Dry Cleaners||University of Alberta 780-492-3111|
|Vehicle Registration||Drug Store||Epcor (Electricity) 1-800-667-2345|
People & Organization
|Friends & Family||Doctor||Epcor 1-800-667-2345|
|Professional||Dentist||ATCO Gas 780-424-5222|
|Athletic Club||Broker||Shaw Cable 780-490-3555|
|Catholic School Board 780-459-7711|
|Protestant School Board 780-460-3712|
Final Moving Day
|Furnace Off||Property||Epcor 1-800-667-2345|
|Lights Off||Accident||Town of Morinville 780-939-1361|
|Windows & Doors shut and locked||Civic||Alta (Gas) 780-939-4117|
|Social||Videotran (Cable) 780-486-6700|
More Important Numbers
|Alberta Health Care||780-427-1432|
|Alberta Home Builder's Association||780-424-5890|
|Alberta Motor Association||780-474-8601|
|Better Business Bureau||780-482-2341|
|Bus Route Information||780-496-1611|
|Canada Mortage & Housing Corp.||780-423-8700|
|City Of Edmonton||780-496-6000|
|City Of Edmonton Planning & Development||780-496-6161|
|Edmonton Newcomers Club||780-487-2437|
|Federation of Community Leagues||780-437-2913|
|Greater Edmonton Home Builders||780-425-1020|
|National Home Warranty||780-425-2981|
|Urban Development Institute||780-428-6146|
|Alberta New Home Warranty Program||1-800-352-8240|
|Call Before You Dig||1-800-242-3447|
|Trans Alta Utilities||1-800-667-2345|
Now Real Estate Group